Monday, March 3, 2008

Halo 26


Hey, just a quick post to say that Trent Reznor just strike again. The new album of Nine Inch Nails is called "Ghosts I-IV" and it's the result of a collaboration between Trent Reznor, Alan Moulder, Atticus Ross, Alessandro Cortini, Adrian Belew (King Crimson) and Brian Viglione. This new piece distils a totally haunting instrumental rocks throughout its 36 tracks. The album is divided into 4 parts (others will come later) and Reznor describes it as "A soundtrack for daydreams". An album that remain "Still" and the visual identity that goes with it, which means that it's really good. Trent Reznor explains, "I've been considering and wanting to make this kind of record for years, but by its very nature it wouldn't have made sense until this point. This collection of music is the result of working from a very visual perspective - dressing imagined locations and scenarios with sound and texture; a soundtrack for daydreams. I'm very pleased with the result and the ability to present it directly to you without interference. I hope you enjoy the first four volumes of Ghosts."

The Halo 26 appears very early this morning and is distributed with an increasingly appreciated way. Indeed, this album marks the breaking of the band with its old major. Now NIN is free and distributes its own discs. We can find on the website the several options to get the album.


First you can download Ghost I for free, which is established under creative commons license (which is really rare in this financial world), you can also download all the parts for 5$. This download lets you choose the format (mp3, FLAC, Apple Lossless, ...) and includes digital bonus. You can buy the double CD for 10$ (also includes the download). Then there is the deluxe packs. The first costs 75$ and contains 2 CDs, a DVD with songs in multiple formats and a Blu-ray of the album in high definition sound. The latest edition, the most expensive ($ 300) contains the first deluxe pack, two vinyls and a book in a beautiful package signed by Reznor himself. This version just exist in 2500 copies.


This opus is really awesome and doesn't cost so much given the market price, I advise you to listen it and maybe buy it.

You can listen this new album here

No comments: